<span class="highlight">Boat</span> <span class="highlight">loader</span> for camper trailer

Submitted: Saturday, Mar 24, 2007 at 08:12
ThreadID: 43583 Views:12419 Replies:3 FollowUps:7
This Thread has been Archived
We are trying to locate in SE QLD or far north NSW a company that will build a boat loader on a camper trailer. Camper trailer companies only seem interested in building them as original equipment.

We 'think' we want one that carries the boat upside down then swings it over to right side up BUT if anyone has some bright ideas about other methods we would dearly love to hear them. We are both getting on a little and hoisting a boat by muscle power alone is not an option.

Many thanks in anticipation.
John

PS: We are new members and we are getting some good laughs from the wise cracking that goes on!

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: suepajero - Saturday, Mar 24, 2007 at 10:06

Saturday, Mar 24, 2007 at 10:06
HI John have you seen the rhino boat loader we have one fitted to our pajero they work very well not hard on the back at all cant see why you couldn't put one on a camper trailer good luck cheers sue
AnswerID: 229431

Follow Up By: Member - John C (QLD) - Saturday, Mar 24, 2007 at 15:07

Saturday, Mar 24, 2007 at 15:07
Good thought Sue and we have looked at them but the catch is that you also need to get all the support structure out of the way. I mean all the stuff that is still up on the roof of your Pajero when the boat is off it.

Thanks for the thought, John
FollowupID: 490232

Reply By: Sand Man (SA) - Saturday, Mar 24, 2007 at 10:10

Saturday, Mar 24, 2007 at 10:10
Have you tried contacting the manufacturer of your brand of Camper Trailer?
I'm sure most of them will sell as an accessory item.

Upside down is the way to go for sure and most boat loader styles on Campers include hydraulic assisted struts and a hand winch to make the job easier.

Good luck with your search.
Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 229432

Follow Up By: Member - John C (QLD) - Saturday, Mar 24, 2007 at 15:25

Saturday, Mar 24, 2007 at 15:25
How can I put this without too many clues as to manufacturer who we suspect may be going down the gurgler?

We contacted the manufacturer as our first move. It took six phone calls and ten days to get four photocopies of photos of their boat loader out of them. There were none on their website although a loader was listed as an optional extra. We went to Gold Coast camping show where the program said they had a site but they did not turn up. Too busy they said but a company under a different name was occupying the site with a trailer and tent set up that looked remarkably similarto ours.

The 'photos' were of individual components of loader but no general shot. They were also dated October 2003 - no digital shots available - because I asked.

So being a bit of a nervous Nellie when it comes to putting down deposits with people who are very slow etc etc we decided to look for people who were interested in getting on with doing business. Hence our request for help.

Thanks for replying

FollowupID: 490236

Follow Up By: Sand Man (SA) - Saturday, Mar 24, 2007 at 19:42

Saturday, Mar 24, 2007 at 19:42
Couldn't have made it any plainer than that John.

Thanks for the clarification.
Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 490261

Reply By: Member - Luke (SA) - Saturday, Mar 24, 2007 at 16:20

Saturday, Mar 24, 2007 at 16:20
Hi John

I have a Cameron camper and the bloke I bought it off had a swing away rack made for it. It looks pretty gutsy in strength and he also told me he took it up the cape.

It folds out the oppisite side of the tent part and you dont have to take the boat off if you dont really want to. The only problem you might have is lifting it on and off but you might be able to get something made up to hold one of those Rino racks and just winch it up like that.

One of the good things I like about it is if I dont need it on for a trip I can easily take it off and leave it at home

If you would like some pics of it I can post them on here for you

Cheers Luke
AnswerID: 229472

Follow Up By: Member - John C (QLD) - Sunday, Mar 25, 2007 at 08:40

Sunday, Mar 25, 2007 at 08:40
Hi Luke!

We would love to see some photos thank you very much. If they are too tricky to attach here you could email them to jamcotterell@yahoo.com

Regards, John
FollowupID: 490330

Follow Up By: Member - Luke (SA) - Sunday, Mar 25, 2007 at 21:58

Sunday, Mar 25, 2007 at 21:58
Ok John I will take a few picks tomorrow and put them on my rig pic tomorrow night for you and others to see

Cheers Luke
FollowupID: 490489

Follow Up By: Member - Luke (SA) - Monday, Mar 26, 2007 at 23:04

Monday, Mar 26, 2007 at 23:04
John
Just letting you know I have loaded the photos of my camper with the boat rack on it, into my profile.
The idea I had was to maybe use the same design or similar (with some struts as mine doesnt have any) and put some sort of gutter on it so you can clamp the rino (or similar) boat loader onto it.

The bloke I bought the camper from said he just left the boat on the rack and flipped it over. Once it got to a certain point there was no weight and his missus could just hold it there while he walked around the other side and took the weight and lowered it down

Hope you work out an idea as there are some good ones out there

Cheers Luke
FollowupID: 490715

Follow Up By: Member - John C (QLD) - Tuesday, Mar 27, 2007 at 17:58

Tuesday, Mar 27, 2007 at 17:58
Thanks very much Luke for going to the trouble.
I've printed them out and handed them to the local lad who is nutting out what needs to be done. He's walking around scratching his head a lot these days but he'll get there!
Many thanks, John
FollowupID: 490856

Sponsored Links